6/09/2014

CHANEL Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation


I've been unhappy with my foundation+tinted moisturiser base for a while. It was ever so slightly too dark for me. Don't get colour-matched in a department store under their harsh yellow lighting. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation was on my radar for a while but I found it just a little bit too glowy for my combination skin. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw photos and reviews of the new Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation appearing online. A foundation with a velvet-matte finish seems to be hard to come by so I was sold from the get go. 

Perfection Lumiere Velvet is labelled as a "lightweight, second skin foundation" which will smooth and even out the complexion. It definitely is uber lightweight, you won't feel it on your skin and it doesn't look heavy or cakey at all once applied. I wear the shade B20, which is the third lightest. B10 was practically invisible on my complexion. Anyway, the formula smoothes out the skin, masking pores, redness and also uneven skintone. It is quite sheer so sometimes I apply an extra layer to areas that need a little bit more coverage. The finish itself looks super flawless and my combination skin loves it. The matte quality does wear off as the day goes on but things definitely look a lot less sheeny than usual. I'm also using a lot less powder to touch up as well. Score! Application-wise Chanel recommend you use your fingers to blend this in. I do like that method but I still find myself using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply this. 


So was the splurge on this foundation worth it for me? Absolutely, I've finally found a foundation which is a match made in heaven. I'll let you in on a secret-I had someone pick this up in duty free for me. I couldn't bring myself to part with the wallet-weepingly expensive amount of money this foundation costs in the NZ shops. If you have got combination/oily skin though you should definitely consider this base. 


-Have you tried Perfection Lumiere Velvet?

No comments:

Post a Comment