5/17/2014

The Extras: Blueberry Body Scrub-Gelee


I'm not sure if I've talked about The Body Shop much around these parts before but they are one of my favourite places to buy shower products. I don't go there very often, because I have it in my mind that it is expensive. Now I think about it though their products do last a lot longer than some of the other shower-products I use and they also don't tend to lose their scents as easily. Recently I ran out of this scrub so I decided to replace it with the Blueberry Body Scrub-Gelee, a limited edition product.


This scrub looks good enough to eat and it also smells heavenly. It reminds me of luscious summer berry desserts. The texture itself is more jelly-like as the name would suggest but once you start applying the scrub it becomes grittier. It does have quite a grainy texture to it but this really helps to buff away dead skin cells. You're also left with smoother, softer skin post-shower and if you follow up with a body butter you really have a winning combination. The scent itself doesn't linger, but if you did like it you could always follow up with the body butter to prolong it. 

The fact that I love blueberries means this scrub-gelee is a winner for me. It really is such a divine product to use. Not only is it deliciously scented, it also helps to combat dry, scaly limbs which seems to affect many of us in Winter. If you're not a fan of blueberries, there's a raspberry scented scrub being released later in the year which may take your fancy instead.


*Have you tried the Blueberry Scrub Gelee? What did you think of it?

6 comments:

  1. That really does look good enough to eat! Like jam or something :) I haven't tried any of this kind of product from The Body Shop but I'll be keeping an eye out for the raspberry one :)

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some other scrubs too which also smell pretty yummy! x

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds so good! I practically (and actually do sometimes) eat my lip scrub from them! Literally good enough to eat (and safe!) >~<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products are always so exquisitely scented. I had no idea the Body Shop do lip scrubs-I'll have to check those out! x

      Delete
  3. I love the body shop. I must try this when I am next there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll definitely have to check it out Amy! You'll love it x

      Delete