5/12/2014

Five Product Face: The Update


We all have those days where you hit the snooze button on your alarm in favour of more sleep. There are also those days where you just can't be bothered with a full face of makeup. Lateness or laziness aside, times like these call for the tried and tested products. You can pull them quickly from your makeup bag or Muji drawers and get to work. Bring in the five-product face, a streamlined edit of products that'll tackle multiple needs and still leave you looking half decent. You may find yourself gawking at the lack of lip products, I figured there'd be one in my bag so I could apply it out the door. Here's the old favourites I turn to.. 

The Makeup

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer-Depending on your skin type and personal preference, primer may be an optional step for you. I just wear it regardless of what base I have on. This primer helps to prolong the wear of your makeup whilst also creating a smooth, soft-focused base for whatever you choose to apply over the top.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla-If I'm having a good skin day, or just can't be bothered faffing about with makeup then I tend to just apply a concealer instead of foundation or tinted moisturiser. Nars' concealer is lightweight, creamy and easy to blend out. There's a wide variety of shades available so you're bound to find a shade that suits you. You can also apply this concealer under the eyes too. See? There are ways around the five product face routine..

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent-The lightweight powder that'll eliminate shine and set your makeup in place. I tend to concentrate this in the places I want to look matte, like the t-zone and then just use a finishing powder elsewhere. Stay Matte is very well loved though and it is always in my bag.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Mascara-If you're pressed for time you want a mascara that will deliver and won't require too much work to make your lashes look amazing. The bristle-laden plastic wand means you get in really close to the lashes for maximum volume and length.

Mac Paint Pot in Let's Skate-Again this is an optional step to give your eyes a touch of sparkle but you could also use this a highlight as well. It applies creamy & then sets so it won't budge once on your lids.

The Tools

Real Techniques Buffing Brush, sold as part of a set-Concealer needs to be blended in somehow! You could always use your fingers, and I do sometimes, but part of me just finds that a little bit...gross. Anyway, the buffing brush is fantastic for blending in products. It leaves you with such a flawless finish and no dreaded foundation streaks. 

Real Techniques Powder Brush-Essential for powdering the aforementioned t-zone, there's not much else to it really. 

Real Techniques Lash-Brow Groomer-The brush on one side of this tool is perfect for combing your brows into place. If you don't have time for the full brow routine, a minute or two spent combing through your brows will leave things looking a lot neater and tidier.


-What beauty essentials do you reach for when you're short on time?

*I hope everyone has an amazing week! My weekend was quite busy, mainly with assignment work but also with Mother's Day yesterday. This week looks set to be busy with more work, catch ups and a beauty launch on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. It's such a lovely silky texture and I really do find it prolongs the wear of my foundation on my combination-oily skin. I wish I was more in love with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder though!

    http://beautystatute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing right? I just wish the full-sized bottles weren't so expensive. Sx

      Delete