3/31/2014

The Repurchases


A repurchase is a rarity for beauty lovers. If you're like me, you'll get bored with something by the time it runs out and want to venture into new territory. As with anything, there are of course exceptions to the rule. Some products are just too good to betray. You'll be promptly rushing off to replace the holy grails, and for me, these products make the cut time and time again..

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base-If I apply eyeshadow without any sort of cream base or primer underneath, a glamorous ring of shimmer will appear in my crease less than two hours later. Over the past year I've tried a few other eyeshadow primers, this one is pretty good, but it's the Nars offering I love most. It's transparent, creamy and easy to blend. You can't feel this on your lids and it helps your eyeshadow stay put like nothing else. 

Caudalie Beauty Elixir-Beauty Elixir is one of those products everyone seems to have different uses for. It's a lovely, luxe product. The frosted glass bottle makes it all the more enticing, as does this L'Wren Scott packaging on the limited edition bottles. I use beauty elixir before applying makeup to my face. It freshens up the skin and leaves you looking more radiant. You can also spritz it during the day too and it leaves your skin with a dewier finish. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder-Ever since seeing this powder making an appearance in many a Tanya Burr tutorial, many of us rushed out to purchase it. This powder's crazy affordable and if you're prone to looking a bit sheeny shiny, then Stay Matte belongs in your life, and your handbag. I have the transparent powder and it never adds additional colour to my face. It also doesn't apply cakey and leave you with a chalky looking complexion. I'm not overly keen on the Grandma-powder scent Stay Matte has, but aside from that it is fantastic.

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser-Having combination skin means that heavy, thicker moisturisers do more harm than good to my skin. It's no surprise that Ginzing moisturiser was popular then. I literally scraped away at my first pot until there was nothing left in it (!). This is lightweight yet super hydrating. The invigorating orange and coffee-bean formula revitalises lacklustre skin leaving you with a "healthy, vibrant glow".


*Have you tried any of these products? Which are your repurchase must-haves?



8 comments:

  1. Rimmel Stay Matte is an always repurchase for me too!

    cassandramyee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for such an affordable product. x

      Delete
  2. Definitely will be repurchasing the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder when mine runs out! So good!

    Caitlin | Thistle & Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call! Keep an eye out on ASOS because they often discount it during their sales. x

      Delete
  3. I'm nearly out of my Caudalie Beauty Elixir and I will definitely be repurchasing. I was planning on repurchasing the Urband Decay eye primer but I think you've convinced me to try Nars! xx

    alovelylook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauty Elixir's such a unique product. Definitely try the Nars one out! x

      Delete
  4. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte powder! (Also, that Hourglass blush looks beautiful!) x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous, as is that Hourglass blush (nice spotting!) x

      Delete