2/20/2014

Candle Discoveries


There's something about candles that makes them so enchanting and enticing. When met with a good one, you'll be quickly handing over your money and rushing home to burn its exquisite scent straight away. Not only do great candles often come with delicious scents, they have a relaxing quality to them too. Over Christmas these two candles came into my possession. I've ignored the seasonal rules about when candles can be burned and have been lighting these on the regular..

Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Fireside Candle, purchased here-Bath and Body Works products are ridiculously hard to come by in New Zealand. eBay is often the best bet and when I heard Rachael mentioning these candles in her candle video, well I headed to eBay rather quickly. This candle has a sweet scent but it isn't sickly as the woody elements make it that little bit more musky. I really like this candle as its scent is not too overpowering. After it's finished burning the scent lingers for a few hours as well. These candles are pretty affordable too so I'll probably pick up some more closer to Winter time.

Diptyque Figuier Candle-Figuier is essentially Philosykos in candle form. As the name would suggest it is very figgy, the scent reminds me of pine needles actually. This candle is one that you have to burn for a little while to get the full scent payoff-I usually have it going for one to two hours and can really notice its scent around the hour mark. As you can see I've not burnt this down too much and I've used it quite a bit so there's a fair few burns left in it! 

*Which candles do you love? The Jo Malone Sweet Almond and Macaroon is still safely atop my wishlist. xo

5 comments:

  1. oh i have such an addiction to buying candles and now i have discovered ebay candles after reading this; oh no :O
    haha Tara and I literally just bought some ecoya candles today, i think i need to wait until i use up a few that i have before i buy more ;)


    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ellen! #notsorry I love Ecoya candles! They're divine. I tell myself that with candles too ;). x

      Delete
  2. I highly, highly recommend the Glasshouse candles they sell in Peter Alexander, they have some uhhhmazing scents (my fave is Montego Bay) and they are seriously scented. Most of the time, all I have to do is have the candle open and it makes my whole room smell of that scent, it's so awesome. It makes me sad because I'm currently overseas and can't get my hands on them.

    Think I'm gonna get me that B&BW one from eBay though :D

    Maria | Blindly Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the Glasshouse candles! They smell divine. We have the Fudge Brownie one (exclusive to Peter Alexander) and it always makes the house smell amazing.

      Delete
    2. Jealous, that one sounds amazing!!

      Delete