10/21/2013

The Complexion Savers

Dark circles, discolouration, blemishes and scars that just won't go away. Sound familiar? Usually I am trying to conceal one of the following most days, more often than not it is dark circles. There's a trio of products that tick all the brightening, concealing and correcting boxes for me. Bring in the complexion savers..


Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque Regardless of whether or not I have dark circles, this corrector gets used every day. It's partly self consciousness but also just a habit for me now. The pink undertones help to counteract the appearance of fine blue lines under the eyes. This is also something I like to use on discolouration and any scarring that may be fading. The corrector is very thick so you only need to use the smallest amount. I lightly press this in with my ring finger which helps warm up the product and lets it sink in more easily. This lasts all day without creasing and works wonders on dark circles. I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

Origins Plantscription Concealer #2 This concealer is creamy but it is lightweight so it works well under the eyes. After applying corrector I place this under the eyes and blend it in with this brush. As this shade is a little bit warmer than the corrector it blends in well once the rest of my makeup is applied. Once set with powder this and the corrector don't budge.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla You've heard the hype and the raves about this concealer-they're all true! The shade range of this concealer is spot on. It's hardly surprising that Nars keep selling out of this one. This concealer is incredibly creamy (as the name suggests) which makes it super easy to blend. It also is really long lasting once applied and is great for covering blemishes, scarring, anything really. This is another concealer I'd repurchase.

*What are your favourite concealers?

6 comments:

  1. Heard so many good things about all of these, but I haven't tried any of them. I tend to be a bit un-adventurous when it comes to concealor, my favourite is the Collection cheapo one! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots about the Collection one-sadly it isn't available here. That Origins concealer is said to be a good dupe for it though. x

      Delete
  2. The concealer I tried last I have figured out is worsening my break outs, so I was planning to splurge at the bobbi brown counter today! Glad to see you like theirs, from what I've read about their products it looks like I'm on the right track!

    - Tara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting! You'll have to let me know what Bobbi Brown one you decided to pick up. x

      Delete
  3. Yesss NARS creamy concealer is the best thing ever. I am tempted to try the Bobbi Brown one but I also have my eye on the MAC correct and conceal palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen the Mac concealer palette. I'll have to keep an eye out for it! x

      Delete