9/29/2013

September Favourites

September is one of my favourite times of year. Not only do we get to marvel at all the fabulous Spring collections but here in New Zealand we get to break out the more Spring appropriate makeup. I had two weeks holiday this month so a lot of the time I wasn't even wearing makeup. When I did though there were definitely some standout products that I loved and wanted to use a lot..


Beauty Favourites

EOS Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm Winter seems to leave my lips a dry, chapped mess which obviously isn't ideal. A combination of this, this lip butter and a little bit of this lip scrub all seem to be doing the job. Anyway, this lip balm is fantastic. It's not overly thick but has just the right amount of moisture to leave your lips hydrated.

Mac Eyeshadow in Nylon This eyeshadow is the perfect inner corner highlight. Applying shadow to the tear duct area (inner corner) of the eye really brightens them up and makes your eyes appear wider and further apart. This shade in particular is shimmery but is more wearable for daytime than some other highlighting shades. I like to wear this over the lid with some neutral shades as well.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak Coral and orange lipsticks are not something I usually head towards but they're the kind of shades I am obsessed with at the moment. This lipstick is super pigmented and moisturising. Some brands seem to bring out moisturising lipsticks but have sheerer finishes and vice versa so Urban Decay are ahead of the pack with this one. Next on my wishlist is Bang, a bright orange-red.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla Let's get straight to the point. Is this concealer worth the hunt and the hype that follows with it? Absolutely. It's like nothing else I've used. Most full coverage concealers I've tried usually go cakey or feel drying once applied. This one is creamy and has a velvet texture. There's a wide range of shades available as well so you should find something to suit your skin tone.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Rollerball, limited edition. I love Marc Jacobs perfumes, I don't think there's ever been one I haven't particularly liked. I've had this in my handbag all month to apply once my other perfumes start to wear off. These are great to take traveling as well, especially as most perfume bottles can be quite bulky.

Urban Decay 'Chill' Makeup Setting Spray There's nothing particularly new or revolutionary about setting sprays but Urban Decay's are pretty good. You spritz this over your face like a mist and it sets your makeup helping it stay in place and also last longer. This setting spray is fantastic. I just wish it was available in a smaller size like Urban Decay's other setting sprays.


The Extras

Ecoya Sweet Pea and Jasmine Candle This candle was one of my birthday presents last month and I love it. It's fragrance is the perfect blend of tropical and sweet. It smells divine and its scent lingers long after it has burnt. Sometimes I bring this out just to fragrance my room without actually burning it. Ecoya do some beautiful Summer candles as well which I've got my eye on.

Fashion Reading Over the holidays I did quite a bit of reading and these fashion-related books in particular were standouts for me. If you're after insights into magazines and writing in the fashion industry then you need to read The Vogue Factor. I reviewed Alexa's book here. As for Miss Vogue, I am really impressed by this magazine so far. Keep an eye out for a full review soon.


*What have been your September favourites?

2 comments:

  1. great post!
    and omg i just love ecoya candles, they smell so good!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram
    P.S check out our latest spring giveaway for our NZ followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I agree, Ecoya candles are divine as are the Glasshouse ones. xx

      Delete