10/30/2012

October Favourites

How quickly has October gone? So much has happened & all in such a short space of time. One downside of this craziness though is that the products in my makeup bag haven't really been mixed up a great deal this month. Mainly because I've been rushing here, there & everywhere but also because I haven't really acquired anything new. Never fear, I am ordering some new products next month so you'll hear about them in next month's favourites post no doubt!

Here are my favourites for October;





1. L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines Eau De Toilette, 20ml. This fragrance is a delicate and velvety blend of scented roses, as the name suggests. I have the travel sized bottle which is perfect if you're going away. This is also what I grab if I'm in a rush & don't have time to pull one of my larger perfume bottles out. The fragrance smells amazing too & makes me think of garden parties. I love it.

2. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau De Toilette, $35. I've just realised this was in my August favourites post as well, whoops! Again this one is great for traveling & slotting into your handbag on a busy day out. I also like to spray it around my room sometimes too, when I'm not wearing it.



3. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Travel Sized, $30. I bought this at the start of the month as I wanted to try this out because it is Dermalogica's best selling product & I'd heard positive reviews of it from other people I know. It is definitely worth the hype, my skin is left feeling a lot smoother afterwards & it helps to reduce any inflamed areas on the skin's surface. This works amazingly in conjunction with my other skincare products too. If you're considering trying this then I'd recommend getting the travel sized version first, just because the full size is very pricy & also because this size seems like it will last a long time anyway.

4. Manuka Doctor Rejuvenating Face Mask, gifted. This is a bold claim but this face mask is quite possibly the best I've ever tried. It smells amazing & skin is left looking noticeably smoother & dewier after use. Sometimes it does feel a bit tingly on the skin, particularly if you have any scarring but otherwise it is fantastic.

5. The Jojoba Company Cucumber & Guava Firming Eye Balm, sample size. At the start of this month I was given a whole lot of different samples of The Jojoba Company's products to try & this is one I've been loving & using every night. The eye balm is designed to; cool & soothe delicate skin, gently rehydrate dry skin & decrease puffiness & fine lines around the eye area. As this product is a small size I've only been applying it under my lower lash line where I have not so lovely bags. It definitely works to minimise any evidence of those & this part of the eye area is always left feeling smooth the next morning. 



6. MAC Cosmetics Pearl Reflects Glitter, price unknown. This glitter was repackaged as part of the Wonder Woman collection last year but it is part of MAC's permanent collection. In saying that, I think you can only pick this up at one of their Pro stores. Anyway, this glitter is designed for use all over the face but I like to wear it over my eyelids to create an extra sparkly eye look. Make sure you wear primer if you want this to last & do have a Q-Tip or a tissue handy as this glitter does go everywhere.

7. The Body Shop Lily Cole Lip & Cheek Dome, Limited Edition. As this product was limited edition  & I bought it a couple of months ago it might not be in store anymore but you may be able to find it online. This dome has a creamy texture & while I haven't used it on my lips it works wonderfully on the cheeks as a blush. It is super pigmented but once blended cheeks are left with a natural flush.


*All pictures are mine. Please credit 'nanawintourblog' if you use them.
*All pricing is in New Zealand dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment