8/30/2012

What I Love Weekly #19

1.  NZFW is 5 sleeps away!! Who else is excited? I think I finally have my wardrobe for the week sorted. I just need to suss accessories & makeup & I will be good to go.

2.  Those lovely people who are so speedy at answering emails. I know I am pretty shocking at answering emails & sending them so when I meet someone who answers within hours of me sending one I am a combination of amazed & grateful.

3. It is the holidays!!! This means I have 2 weeks off from my studies. It isn't really a break but still it'll be nice not having to commute to & from town every day for class, not having to buy debt-inducing train tickets, sleeping in etc etc.

I haven't taken a great deal of photos this week so I thought I'd share this image of the delightful Audrey Hepburn instead. Who could ever get sick of seeing pictures of her?


4. "What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other." -George Eliot (I've been thinking about this a lot lately).

5. It is such an ego boost when your cooking never lasts in anyone's pantries for longer than 5 days. I still don't think I'm a good baker but I love baking things for other people so I keep doing it anyway.

6. My Satin Taupe eyeshadow by MAC has been getting a lot of love this week & rightly so. It is a gorgeous colour & works for most people. I am obsessed with it.

7.  On another MAC related note I am also loving their Ruby Woo lipstick. It gets a lot of flack online though so I'm a bit hesitant about swatching it. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

8. As well as being at NZFW I am also looking forward to (hopefully) being at the Trelise Cooper show. I have always loved her lavish designs & the spectacle that comes with her shows so it'd be a treat to see it up close.

9. Book shopping! This week I finally purchased The Help. I've hardly read anything yet to pass proper judgement, but I can say it is very hard to put down, which is usually a good sign.

10. Ingrid of Miss Glamorazzi vlog on YouTube has done the '10 Products I Would Repurchase Tag' if all her makeup disappeared. What a horrific thought! She has an awesome list though. You can see it here.

11. Loving this entire outfit that Pheobe of Lady Melbourne blog put together this week! To take this look through to summer you could wear a shorter sleeved blouse. Max have some gorgeous floral blouses & embroidered shirts at the moment which would be perfect paired with cropped trousers & heels like these.

1 comment:

  1. I have Ruby Woo and I love it. It's a bold look, but damn, does that stuff stay put. I like that even when it wears off a bit the colour stays and stays and stays.

    ReplyDelete