8/09/2012

New to the Beauty Bazaar: America Direct Finds.

If you saw this post last week you'd know already that my America Direct haul had arrived while I was on holiday. My products actually arrived about a month ago but I wanted to wait a bit before reviewing them. The reason for this is there was one product which I was still a bit unsure about but I have now decided how I feel about it.

Without further ado, here is my haul, albeit a rather small one from America Direct.







1) MAC Technakohl Liner in Graphblack, $35. -I've been using this liner since my teens & regretfully replaced it with a horrible liquid one the last time mine ran out. Ok, the liquid one probably wasn't that horrible. I just found it smudged easily & for me it wasn't nice to use. So this is my go-to liner. I believe it isn't sold in New Zealand now, so I was thrilled to see they still sell it in the States. It is a retractable pencil, so you don't need to resharpen it. The formulation is slightly creamy, a bit like a gel liner. It is easy to apply & it lasts really well throughout the day. I was practicing a smoky eye look yesterday & noted that it also smudges nicely to create that effect.




2) MAC Suntints Liquid Lip Balm in Abatone, $28.00. -This was released as part of MAC's limited edition 'Hey Sailor!' range. It actually doesn't look as pink on the lips as it does in the tube. The liquid is a bright, candyfloss pink but once applied to the lips it gives them a slight pink tinge. I apply it with the Lip Conditioner for extra hydration. The gloss isn't as tacky as others which is a huge bonus.




3) Last but not least from MAC Cosmetics we have the Prep+Prime Highlighter in Light Boost, $42.00. -This was the product I was really undecided about because I found out my understanding of what it does was wrong. Used under eye makeup it will brighten & prime those colours, which it does. My eyeshadow definitely looks more pigmented when I wear it. I also use it to add vibrance under the eye area & make them look less tired, which again it manages to do. What it does not do is make your eyeshadow stay in place longer, as I thought it might do. I'm wondering if this is because my eyelids get incredibly dry in winter, time to invest in a hydrating eye cream!



4) Ciate Caviar Manicure in Rainbow, $25.00. -I haven't yet used this product but I got it because I was curious to see what all the fuss is about & of course try it myself. I've seen it applied on Britney (see photo) & it looks stunning on. She describes it as being like "hundreds & thousands" on the nails. Be wary that this effect doesn't last for a decent amount of time but it is perfect for special occasions. The pink polish underneath it is also gorgeous & would look great by itself. Expect a full review of this product as I'm lending it to a friend to trial for me.


-Products 2, 3 & 4 are priced in American Dollars.
-1 is priced in Australian Dollars.


Image Credits

-All MAC product photography is direct from the MAC site.
-Ciate Caviar image from Sephora.
-Britney's nails edited. Original image here.

No comments:

Post a Comment