7/09/2012

One afternoon I went to the movies & left extremely moved by Katy Perry

I don't know if it's because of what I'm going through in my personal life right now, but I was incredibly taken by how real Katy's story & struggles were, and still are. After watching Part of Me, the new documentary chronicling one of the busiest years of Katy's life, you'll realise hers is not a manufactured pop success story.

'People think of me as though I'm Dorothy in the ruby slippers', Perry notes. "I want them to see everything else that's involved. Yes, I am her, but at the end of it all, I'm also the guy behind the curtain." The documentary is more a behind the scenes look of the California Dreams Tour & Katy's personal life, than just your average 3D concert movie. The footage from her shows that it does contain though, is spectacular. I imagine it's just like being there, minus the candyfloss scented air.


This was shot at a CAT cafe in Tokyo! You can drink tea & play with + cuddle cats in a cafe. Isn't that amazing??

As someone who didn't buy a ticket to her shows, and regretted it for a long time afterwards, I loved this movie. This documentary is definitely one for the Katy Perry fans first and foremost, but the non fans can even take something away from this as they get a real insight into the highs and lows of the celebrity lifestyle.

Part of Me is playing 2D and 3D now in cinemas worldwide.


"The moment Perry changes from that heartbroken girl, slumped in despair, into a pop diva-assuming a dazzling smile as she rises through a trapdoor...is one of the most stirring cinematic moments of the year." Daily Mail. 


-Image Credits

*Katy for the June issue of Teen Vogue, image+article excerpt fetched here.

*Katy in a Cat mask via We Heart It.

*Screen cap from the documentary retrieved from Tumblr.



1 comment: