6/14/2012

Brilliant Blogs, Edition 5.

How often do you stumble across a great product on a blog, only to find it is not sold where you live? How often do you find yourself avoiding critic's reviews because they're known to not favour their subjects? If you answered yes to either of the above then Hannah Rogers' blog is the blog for you.



Hannah's blog regularly features reviews on two of the things she loves the most; beauty products + services and movies. She also looks at fashion must-haves from New Zealand designers.


Hannahrogersx is one of the first blogs I frequent online. Her reviews are informative, detailed and will address any doubts you may have about films or products. Her post this week on a Kiehl's cleanser caught my eye. Kiehl's is not usually a brand I pay much attention, but after reading this that may change.

I was lucky enough to have Hannah answer some of my questions this week:

1. What made you decide to start a blog?

-I have become known in my circle of friends and at the office as the go-to girl. People would come to me to ask a number of questions and I knew the answer. Nine times out of ten I have seen the movie, I have tried that mascara, and know where the best place is to buy those Ksubi jeans we are all after. I love sharing this knowledge and helping people and hey all seemed to like my answers so why not.

Secondly, I wanted to meet more like-minded people like you and so far so good!


2. I think we both started blogging around the same time and I love your blog. You do the best revews. What have you found the most rewarding from your blogging experience so far?

-I love seeing that people all around the world have taken their time to read my blog and people saying they like my reviews! (Just like you! Thank you). I'm also very competitive and love seeing the membership go up and up. It's a very rewarding challenge.

I also suck at spelling and grammar. Watching myself improve has also been fun to watch.


3. Who do you admire and why?

-To be honest this is a very tough question for me. There is not one person in particular I admire but more or less certain qualities. I really appreciate people who do what they love and do it well. They don't let anyone bring them down. I love people who stay true to themselves.

Hannah looking gorgeous in Glitzy Lips!

4. You talk a lot about beauty products and treatments on your blog. What are your beauty must-haves and favourite products?

-Oh I could go on forever...

My Aromatherapy Associates Body Brush is something I really wish I purchased a long time ago. It's a very cheap body tool which I use daily before my morning shower. It exfoliates and stimulates circulation to boost cell removal. It also feels great!

I also cannot live without mascara. My favourite without a doubt is Benefit's They're Real! Mascara. It doesn't clump and makes my lashes look super long. People actually ask me if they are real! You can't beat that.

Another beauty must-have is great brows. If your brows are tidy and polished, then the rest of your look will follow. I get mine done every 5 weeks and I always notice a difference.


5. Describe your personal style. 

-Overall my style is simple, clean and unfortunately expensive. I don't follow trends and stick with tried + true styles. I am a quality over quantity kind of girl.

There is no in-between with me. I am either int he highest heels or cute sneakers and that's just the way I like it.


6. Who's your favourite designer and why?

-I'm going to have to break this down into two parts; the designer I love to wear and the designer I admire.

I love Karen Walker. Not only is she from New Zealand but her collections are extremely wearable. My wardrobe is full of Karen Walker designs and without regret. The items are classic and the cuts are clean.

I also love Alexander McQueen. Never have I looked at a designer's collection and loved every single piece. The shoes and accessories are to die for.


7. Finally, what is the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

-"When life hands you lemons, make a rich exfoliating fruit mask." Need I say more? I love this quote so much.

Thank you for your time Hannah! Nana Wintour likes YOU x.

*For more Hannahrogersx head to her Facebook page or follow her on Twitter.


-Image Credits:

*All screen caps via Hannahrogersx.com.
*Image of Hannah supplied.





No comments:

Post a Comment